Heritage Sites:Natural Sites & Attractions
Revision as of 10:15, 4 June 2012 by Ruralbelarus
BASTIS provides information on the following natural sites and attractions within BSR (see also the Benchmark Report):
- Kaali field of meteorite craters (Estonia): The approximate time of Kaali meteorite fall is 7,500-7,600 years ago. At the height of 5-10 km, the meteorite fell apart and came down to the ground in pieces - the biggest of which created a big crater with diameter of 110 m and depth of 22 m and 8 smaller craters
- Panga cliff (Estonia): Panga Cliff stands as a slate wall reaching up straight from the beach. The maximum height of the cliff is 21.3 m. The cliff runs for about 2.5 km.
- Sõrve peninsula (Estonia): A tour around the 32 km long Sõrve Peninsula in the southwestern end of Saaremaa Island offers excitement for the whole day. In the largest part of the peninsula the road follows the coastline.
- Greenway "The land of yellow water-lilies and grey boulders" (Belarus): If you want to see the landscapes of unique beauty – amazing forests, the web of rivers and lakes with crystal clear transparent water, if you want to feel the spirit of the ancient times. If you like folk music and you would like to participate in the ritual performance Tsyareshka’s Marriage – so we are looking forward to you in the Lepel region of Vitebsk oblast.
- Greenway "The Blue Necklace of Rossony" (Belarus): Rossony regon is famous for its forests which occupy almost 70 per cent of the territory. But its real beauty and splendidness are 200 lakes and rivers, the abundance of game, mushrooms and berries, and healing herbs and the similarly healing clean forest air.
- Naliboki Pushcha (Naliboki Wild Forest) (Belarus): Naliboki Forest is a large forest complex in the northwestern Belarus, on the right bank of the Neman River, on the Belarusian Ridge. Naliboki Pushcha is famous for its nature and rich, although tragic, history. The forest is named after a small town of Naliboki situated in the middle of it, although the title of 'informal capital of the forest' belongs rather to the town of Ivyanets.
Miss something? You would like to contribute? Please get an account, we are looking forward to your contribution.